Auto Insurance in the Carolinas and Georgia

Auto insurance is one of the most common and most often purchased types of insurance. In the states of the Carolinas and Georgia, all motorists must have at least liability insurance and uninsured motorist coverage, or you could lose your driver’s license.

Auto insurance in the Carolinas and Georgia protects you and your vehicle, depending on what type of coverage you obtain, and it is divided into two basic kinds of coverage, including liability and physical damage.

What is Liability Insurance?

Under the South Carolina Tort law, auto liability insurance policies feature three main parts, including liability insurance that covers bodily injury, property damage, and even underinsured or uninsured motorists.

If an accident you are involved in is determined to be your fault, you must have liability insurance for bodily injury that will pay the medical expenses, up to a minimum of $50,000, of each person injured in the other vehicle involved in your crash. Those costs can include medical expenses, along with lost wages and pain and suffering.

When it comes to property damage liability insurance, you will need a policy that pays at least $25,000 of any property that is damaged by you as the result of an auto accident. This includes damages to the other vehicle involved in the crash and even walls, buildings, fences, or equipment that are damaged by you.

Uninsured motorist coverage is designed to protect you if you are involved in an accident with someone who has no insurance at all or inadequate insurance. This means if your vehicle is hit by an unknown car while parked on the street, for instance, this type of insurance policy will pay for damages, but there is typically a $200 deductible. Underinsured motorist coverage will ensure that your medical bills are paid if you are involved in a crash with a driver who does not have enough insurance coverage.

You can also obtain a “full coverage” style policy in which you are protected from property damage caused by a collision or natural disaster. Comprehensive coverage will pay for any damage to your auto if it falls victim to a fire, theft, hurricane, or tornado.

To obtain the right policy for you and your situation, contact the experienced and knowledgeable agents at the Will Johnson Insurance Agency today!

We serve customers in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia, including the cities of Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg, Augusta, Atlanta, and all surrounding areas.